- 3 Cups of Vegetable Oil
- 2 x Crayfish Tails
- 2/3 Cup of Tapioca Flour
- 2 x 2/3 of a Cup of Cornflour
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup (and a dash) of ice-cold soda water
- Tartare Big Mac Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup of Best Foods Mayo
- A handful of white onion (finely chopped)
- A handful of gherkins (finely chopped)
- Pinch of salt, pepper + paprika
- Put your oil into a pan with high sides and heat it on medium to high, watching it so it doesn’t burn
- Take your crayfish tails and run them under hot water then snip up the middle of both sides of the shell and remove the meat.
- Pat the meat dry with a paper towel and cut it up into bite-sized pieces, I cut mine into 1-inch cubes.
- Sift your Tapioca Flour & Cornflour into a bowl then add garlic powder, baking soda, salt & pepper, mixing well.
- Make a well and add your soda water and whisk together to make a smooth batter
- Dredge your crayfish through the batter mixing to coat well and put it into the oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan
- Cook until they go brown, then let them cool on a wire rack with baking paper underneath
- Mix together your Mayo, onion, gherkins, lime, salt and pepper, paprika, and mix well.
Check out Nicky and TradeZone Addicted to Fishing on Instagram.